Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have a dog who just opened a bottle of Kolopin and is not…

Customer Question
Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a dog who just opened a bottle of Kolopin and is not having trouble walking I don't know how much he ate

Veterinarian's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

I'm not sure. He is walking and moving clumsy.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/18/2016
Dog Veterinarian: DrMelJ, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian

Hi there. Thanks for the question. I'm sorry to hear your dog has gotten into some trouble. Klonopin toxicity in dogs causes weakness and lethargy and stumbling. It sounds like you are seeing those signs. The concern is that high doses (and since you don't know how many he ate, we can't know how high the dose was) can cause extremely low blood pressure and respiratory distress and therefore possibly be life threatening. I would highly recommend you get your dog to an emergency vet as soon as possible. I hope this helps. I wish you and your dog the best. Let me know if you have further questions for me.