Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

My dog is squinting both eyes went to vet. He can find

Customer Question
nothing wrong. She is a...
My dog is squinting both eyes went to vet. He can find nothing wrong. She is a bit lethargic and felt warm he said her temp is fine gave me antibiotic eye ointment but nothing seems wrong with her eyes
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/17/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Joey, Board Certified replied 2 years ago
Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified

Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 16 years of experience. I look forward to working with you.

With squinting eyes I want to first ask and ensure the three indicated eye tests were done when Sami was seen: Schirmer Tear test (test to ensure proper tear production), corneal stain (look for scratches/trauma) and intraocular pressures (tells if we have uveitis/inflammaiton versus glaucoma). If these were not done, then this is the next step before anything else is done, especially if there was not immediate improvement on the prescribed eye ointment. If your vet is unable to do these tests, then you need to seek out a second opinion. If all 3 of these were done, let me know.