Dog Veterinary

Ask a dog vet and get answers to your dog health questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

I have an old English sheepdog & noticed m licking at s paw…

Customer Question
I have an old English...
I have an old English sheepdog & noticed him licking at his paw a couple days ago and I looked at it I didn't notice anything major and now tonight he was really licking his paw pad and I took a look and it is very swollen red and looks like it is cut and infected possibly. I looked for foreign objects and couldn't find anything and was wondering what I could do at home before taking him to the vet on Monday I've read different things and I'm not sure how exactly I should clean it and if I should put a gauze on it or not . I wish I could send you a picture because I've never experienced this & not sure how severe it is
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/17/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread.

You can post a picture by downloading on this thread through the paper clip icon.

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian