Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have an 11 year old female boxer that started foaming and

Customer Question
drooling lots tonight. The only...
I have an 11 year old female boxer that started foaming and drooling lots tonight. The only known dietary difference is having some bone marrow about 5-6 hours ago.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/15/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Was it just marrow or any bone?

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, or vomiting?

Is she drinking? Can she keep water down?

Are her gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

Any breathing changes or swelling in her mouth?

If you press on her belly, does she have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian