Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dog has thick ingredients of stomach wall. Going on weeks

Customer Question
Dog has thick ingredients of...
Dog has thick ingredients of stomach wall. Going on for 3 weeks now. Was eating fine until today throwing up undigested food. Been to several vets about 10 times. X-rays and ultrasound just shows thick information of stomach wall. Vets tell me bland diet and monitor situation. Are they missing something?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/15/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Doc Sara, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Doc Sara
Doc Sara, Veterinarian

Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm sorry to hear that your pup hasn't been feeling well. Thanks for the excellent summary of what you've done so far. I'd like to get a little more information so that I can tell you the most appropriate information:

• Was it vomiting that initially took you to these other vets?
  • How frequently has he been vomiting?
  • Has he lost any weight?
  • What treatment(s) seemed to help the most?
  • Has he had an ultrasound by a board certified internal medicine specialist or radiologist?

Thanks and I'll await your reply

~Dr. Sara

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
to q 1
Once in a while to q 2
4 Oz to q 3
Yes to q 5

Thanks for the reply - so his vomiting was what initially took you in to the vet and it was happening once in awhile, he's lost 4 oz (which thankfully doesn't sound like a lot) and he's seen a specialty hospital. You didn't mention if any of the treatments so far have been helpful - please let me know so that we can proceed.

Thanks!

~Dr. Sara

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for getting back but I have an answer and no longer need your help. This will end our correspondence on this matter.

Ok then, best of luck to you. I hope that you find something that will work well for your pup. Please let me know if I can help in the future :)

Take care,

~Dr. Sara

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian