Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

Our dog was prescribed yesterday metronidazole, and just

Customer Question

Customer: Our dog was prescribed yesterday metronidazole, and just realized that we had not been refrigerating it. She received a dose this morning and evening and when we realized put it in the refrigerator. Do we need to get her more medicine to finish her prescription and is it ok that she had it today after being not refrigerated?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She is not currently throwing up and her diarrhea seems to be getting better also.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: That's fine.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Is this a compounded solution that needed to be refrigerated? The tablets should just be stored at temperatures less than 86F.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?