Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

I had a tumor removed from my dogs back left side by her p

Customer Question

I had a tumor removed from my dogs back left side by her hip and 3 grew back 2 of them popped and bled she very energetic should I take her back to the vet they said they could grow back
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

I am so sorry to hear Clarion has this lump that has recurred on her rear leg. Yes unfortunately I would advise a veterinary visit at this point with the recurrence and especially because of the bleeding.

For tonight, if it is draining then please use ivory soap and water or oatmeal based dog shampoo to clean the area thoroughly. Apply for ten minutes then rinse and repeat in the morning

Please no licking, which introduces oral bacteria to the area and can increase risk of infection. An e-collar/ cone or t-shirt to help reduce this risk maybe necessary

Benadryl at 1 mg/ pound every 8 hours will help reduce the itch and allow her to rest comfortably tonight since it may cause mild sedation

Lastly, rotate warm and cool compresses to the area tonight. Warm to increase circulation and allow healing while cool helps numb and hopefully reduce the desire to lick

But I would advise a veterinary exam since this is a recurrence of a previous lump but also because it is bleeding

Please let me know how else I can assist you both tonight

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today! I am online another hour tonight

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Good evening, were you able to get Clarion seen by your vet today? What was found? I would love an update when you are able