Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My puppy had s DHLP-PV 1st shot Saturday and a fecal float.

Customer Question
My puppy had his DHLP-PV...
My puppy had his DHLP-PV 1st shot Saturday and a fecal float. The doctor said he did not have worms but he pass one this after noon he also threw up and ack as if he will do it again. He want eat what's wrong he is a six week on yorkir
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/12/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Peter, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am currently not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Did the worm look like spaghetti or rice?

2- How long since the last time he ate?

3- I will assume he was not dewormed, correct?

4- Is he lethargic?

Spaghetti
I did not get an answer
Do not charge my card anymore you did not help me I will call the vet tomarrow

Friend, I am here; I was waiting for the response for all the questions. Can you please answer the questions I submitted if you would like to continue? Or, I can send this to customer service and they will help you with concerns about charges, what would you like to do?

I answered your question and said spaghetti

Seems you did not get all the questions, I have repeated them below.

2- How long since the last time he ate?

4- Is he lethargic?

Friend, the worm you saw was a roundworm. When your vet did the fecal analysis they were looking for eggs under the microscope, it seems the sample submitted did not have any evidence of eggs. He will need to be dewormed, this is nothing to be overly concern. Your vet can deworm him with pyrantel.

My immediate concern is that he is not eating, toy breed puppies can become hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) if they go for longer than 4-6 hours without eating. For tonight, give him a teaspoon of honey, pancake or karo syrup directly into his mouth, repeat after 15 minutes. Then, offer him a bland diet of rice and boiled boneless chicken or ground beef. If possible blend the food with some water and force feed him small amounts every 4-6 hours with a dropper. Follow up in the morning with family veterinarian.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter

I'm just following up on our conversation about Prince. How is everything going?
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian