Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

I have an 11 year old pug. She was treated 3months ago

Customer Question
Hi I have an 11 year...
Hi
I have an 11 year old pug. She was treated 3months ago for a kidney stone in her ureter. Since then the stone passed to her bladder and I was told it could stay there indefinitely. She started exhibiting a lack of appetite, vomiting, shaking and licking again yesterday.
I originally brought her to the emergency vet. Do you think she probably has another stone? I would prefer to bring her to her regular vet monday
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/10/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Did her vets determine the type of stones she was making?

Is she on a special diet to prevent them or any medication?

Is she lip licking or licking her vulva?

Any straining to pass urine? Any reduced stream or change to the urine?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian