Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Harley 10 pounds kenall cough had 60days Temaril-P still has

Customer Question

Harley 10 pounds kenall cough had 60days Temaril-P still has cough
Only when he comes in out of the COLD
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Kennel Cough can last a very long time in some animals especially when they go out in the cold. We have seen some last 3-4 months. If Harley is older, it is best to have him checked for heart disease since this can cause a cough that does not respond to medication. In most cases, however, if Harleys cough has decreased, it will eventually resolve.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****