Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

On her back leg is a red circle sore she keep licking it

Customer Question
size of finger tip...
on her back leg is a red circle sore she keep licking it size of finger tip
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/9/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that Pebbles has a sore on her skin. Can you send a picture of the sore on her skin? You can attach it to this conversation with the paperclip button at the top of your typing box.

Sores on the skin can be due to many different things, including infections, insect bites and tumors.

Cortisone cream is a good first step, as is combining it with a triple antibiotic such as neosporin. You may also consider putting an e-collar on her so that she cannot reach the sore.

Please send a picture so that we can come up with a plan for Dora Mae this evening.

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda

Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian