Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Dr. Please help us. We have a dog we adore male 8 years old.

Customer Question
Dr. Please help us. We...
Dr. Please help us. We have a weenie dog we adore male 8 years old. He has had 4 episodes up until last night of not being able to move his back legs. It resolves on its own within an hour. Last night he had 3 episodes each lasting 30-45 min. He woke up, stretched and was gonna jump.off the bed to his food area. He turned around and hobbled next to me and was paralyzed for 45 min. It resolves. Help!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
1/8/2016
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** and I've been a veterinarian for 15 years. Thank you for your question. How long ago you notice the first episode of this? Has your vet examined / evaluated him for having these events? When he was paralyzed, was he conscious and interactive with you?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian