Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is coughing up foam. Should I bring her to an

Customer Question

Customer: My dog is coughing up white foam. Should I bring her to an emergency vet?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She is just sort of gagging/ coughing and then spitting up white foam.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

I have a couple of questions before I can help you properly. Is your dog currently really lethargic, or refusing to eat? Is she passing out after coughing this hard or gasping for breath at any point?

Dr. Dan