Dr Marta Lepes
Dr Marta Lepes, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Owner, practitioner, Owner at Hilo Veterinary Clinic, Inc, Vetmed Hawaii
90005502

My dog has a looking wart on her tongue with a weird texture

Customer Question

My dog has a white looking wart on her tongue with a weird texture what can it be? It almost looks like a small piece of cauliflower or a tooth.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Marta Lepes replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I will help you.

You are right it is most likely a wart. These usually fall off with time. Check the insides of the cheeks and the gums because you may find more.

While these are more common in young dogs they can occur at any age.

There is really nothing to do unless it really bothers her. If it does, it can be surgically removed or cauterized.

If you have any more questions we can continue this dialog - even after the rating.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Please send me your phone number. I can call you as long as you are in the US or Canada.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
XXXXXXX

It seems that you forgot to rate the service.

I hope that you had a chance to have that papilloma checked out.

Best to you and your dog.

Dr Marta