Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My Boston Terrier died last week. She was ten years old. She

Customer Question

Customer: My Boston Terrier died last week. She was ten years old. She went for a walk and ate every mouth full of her supper. I gave her heart worm medicine,Trifexis, after eating. She started panting and could not stop. She died on the way to the emergency clinic. She went to her vet twice a year and had all the wellness tests. They said she died of heart congestion.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Why did it happen?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I can help you with your question today.

Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

Heart failure is the most common cause of unexpected sudden death in pets. Did she have any decline prior to her death? Coughing, decreased tolerance for exercise?