Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

, My dog just vomited about half an hour ago and he is

Customer Question

Customer: Hi there,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My dog just vomited about half an hour ago and he is showing signs of mild tremors and occasional twitches and is very lethargic. He ate and played normally today and as far as we know he did not ingest anything other than his regular food. What should we do?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Okay.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did find out from my partner that he saw him sniffing the de icer sat on the ground in front of the apartment. He didn't see him eat any but it may be possible that he liked his paws. His tremors and twitches are subsiding. He still has dialed pupils though and he hasn't puked again. It's been over an hour and a half now. It's 11:30pm where we are. Do you think we could wait until morning to bring him to vet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I meant de icer "salt" and that he "licked" his paws
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Do you know what kind of de-icer it was?

Has he been drinking more? Keeping water down?

Has he passed any urine?

What is he bringing up in his vomit?

Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?