Hi there. Thanks for the question. Let me see if I can help. There is nothing to worry about as far as toxicity. If they were spent bottle rockets, then the toxic part has been burned off. However, if the dog ingested the stick and all....there is some concern about an intestinal blockage/foreign body. It may be hard for the dog to pass the stick and some of those harder pieces. Or a sharp stick could penetrate through the GI tract. Your options at this point are...
- wait things out and watch for signs of obstruction which would include dry heaving, vomiting, recthing, a rigid stance and walk, posturing to defecate but producing nothing, and inappetance. If you see any of these things within in the next 48 hours, go to the emergency vet right away
- go to the vet now. They can perform an exam and X-ray and try to determine how big the pieces are and where they are in the GI tract. If they are still in the stomach, it might be possible to retrieve them without surgery. Or if they have moved further along, they can help you determine if waiting and watching is best or immediate surgery is best.
There is nothing you can give or feed the dog to help. It's just a matter of if what he has eaten can be passed through his GI tract or not.
I hope this helps. Best of luck.