Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My granddaughters lab mis is very lethargic, s neck is quite

Customer Question
My granddaughters lab mis...
My granddaughters lab mis is very lethargic, his neck is quite swollen,sore to touch and very hot to the touch. He has been like this since last night. It is eating and drinking small amounts of food and water. He is about 10 years old
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/31/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Jess K, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your daughter's lab. Can you tell me if he has had any trouble breathing? Is it his neck all around that looks swollen, or just certain areas? Do you live somewhere where snake bites might occur? Is there a way you can take a photo of his face so we can see how bad the swelling of the muzzle is?

It appears you aren't online, so I will open your question back up for others in case you come back online later.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you, ***** ***** him to the vet here and she Dx lymphoma. Trying steroids now,will probably have him put to sleep. Thank you again.

I am so sorry to hear that. That was something I was worried about given your description. I hope he responds to the prednisone. I have had a few dogs live for 3 months or even longer with prednisone alone... others don't seem to respond as well, but perhaps he will be the lucky one. It is one of the cancers we see that does sometimes respond well to chemotherapy, although that isn't always an option for everyone. I wish you the best of luck with him. Just FYI here is an article on lymphoma for you: http://www.veterinarypartner.com/Content.plx?P=A&S=0&C=0&A=575

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian