Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions
Hello, I am Dr RB.. It does sound like your little guy may have ingested something that upset his stomach. Is he exposed to any poisons or toxins? Any chocolate, raisins, onions, garlic ingestion? Does she like to eat things he shouldn't such as toys, cloth material, rocks, other objects? Did he eat anything over the weekend that he usually does not eat?
If you can pinpoint any of the above or if you are not sure, it is best that you make an appointment with your regular vet to perform the appropriate tests etc. This is also the case if he continues to vomit throughout the day. In the meantime, I would allow him to remain quiet and rest. Allow free access to water but withhold meal times for the time being. Since he is a toy breed, hypoglycemia can be an issue to I would give him 1-2 teaspoons of Karo syrup (as long as he holds it down) every 6-8 hours while he is not eating to keep his blood sugar up. I hope he feels better and that this advice helps you:)
Hello again, hoping Luvky is feeling much better. Will you please take the time to rate my response so I may receive payment for my professional time and expertise? Thanks