Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Missed dose of apoquel. I am pet sitting a 8 year old

Customer Question

Missed dose of apoquel. I am pet sitting a 8 year old labradoodle. We had a severe snow storm and I am unable to get to this dog. He is on Apoquel (SID) Am I better off skipping a day to keep him on the morning schedule, or giving it to him when I can get there which may be later in the day, placing his next dose in less than 24 hours? I don't know anything about this drug, only that it is preferable to pred.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Baxter. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

I would give it once daily. It is not critical that it be given at 24 hours intervals. I would not skip a day; give it today when you can, and the same tomorrow even if he is getting it close together. He should be fine.

Let me know what else I can help with or answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I hope you were able to see my answer!

Kindly consider rating my answer so the website knows I helped you today. You can still get back to me with questions and updates after rating.