Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 20 lb. poodle ate some buttercream frosting (multiple

Customer Question
tablespoons...maybe 1/4 cup?), and has...
My 20 lb. poodle ate some buttercream frosting (multiple tablespoons...maybe 1/4 cup?), and has thrown up 4 times in the last couple of hours. Was drinking a lot of water, but I've temporarily taken the water bowl away & just give him a teeny bit every half hour or so. Should I be worried t how often he's thrown up and what woul
Happy Birthday from Bob Chinn's Crab House!
Kevin
Bob Chinn would like to wish you a Happy Birthday! For your special day, we would like to offer you:
MUST PRINT and present this certificate and your ID to the server when placing your order. NOT VALID SATURDAYS OR HOLIDAYS.
25% Off your bill (up to $25 discount).
This offer expires on Monday, December 14 2015. Expiration date non-negotiable. This offer not valid on alcohol, specials, promotions, carry outs or kids meals. Limit one certificate per table. Any alterations to this certificate will make it non-redeemable. May only be used once. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Dine-in only. No ca
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/25/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How much ( milligrams) of Pepcid did you give?

Can he keep water down?

Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does he have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Could he have eaten something he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?

Has he had any diarrhea?

Can you confirm there was no artificial sugar in the frosting?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian