Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our 10 yr old male yorkie fell getting up into bed striking

Customer Question

Our 10 yr old male yorkie fell getting up into bed striking his head on either the bed frame or floor (uncertain), has a minor surface cut on his head sort of behind his right ear on his head. He is a nervous yorkie at times anyways about anything unfamiliar, and as I was cleaning the blood from his cut and hair he threw up. This happened about 35-45 min ago. He does have what appears to be a bump on his head, but seems to be acting fine. I tried to ice the bump but he'll have no part of it. Your thoughts please?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In the morning I could call our vet, I need an answer now, please help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Does he appear to have normal mental awareness?

Any wobbliness when he walks?

Can you take a photo of this cut/bump? If you can do so, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them online, you can use the paperclip icon on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you can't see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on any other site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check