Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian
89827615

What happens if my dog ate worm medication cat
, my dog

Customer Question

Customer: what happens if my dog ate worm medication for my cat
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my dog ate 1 tablet of drontal for cat same dose they both weight the same
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I see you have a question about your dog eating your kitty's medication? Can you tell me what the active ingredient listed on the label is, how many mg the tablet is, and the size of your dog?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was drontal for cats
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Yes, do you have the package? Just need to know the size of the tablet in mg and the size of your dog.

Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

If you have the packaging, there should be somewhere on the label that lists the active ingredients and the size in mg (likely it is praziquantel and pyrantel).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
18mg tablet . my dog is about 8 lbs
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Thank you for the information. If your dog ate one of these tablets, she/he should not suffer any adverse effects, as it will still be within a safe dosing range for your dog and this drug is safe for dogs as well as for cats.

Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if my answer came through to you!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. If you do not, please take a moment to RATE our conversation so we can know if you were satisfied with your service and I can get credit for helping to answer your question. Thank you and best of luck!

Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. If you do not, please take a moment to RATE our conversation so we can know if you were satisfied with your service and I can get credit for helping to answer your question. This is the only way in which I get compensated for the time I took to answer your question. Thank you.