Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My yorkie is overweight and eats s dinner in like 5 seconds.

Customer Question

My yorkie is overweight and eats his dinner in like 5 seconds. Like he never ate before and keeps eating non stop. Plus he has moles popping out on him and they keep getting bigger he has at least 5-7 moles what should I do for both questions?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Question 1
- Begin feeding with a puzzle toy such as a bob-a-lot or a dish that has a puzzle in it to slow his appetite a little. In addition, I add half a carrot to my little dog's meals in order to aid in them feeling full but not getting calories. Google "dog bowls eat slower" and several options will come up for your selection

Question 2
- Talk to your vet about cryofreezing the moles. This freezes them and they simply fall off within 1-2 weeks. Some do require additional treatments while others don't respond at all but he doesn't have to be anesthetized and a large portion of these will respond positively to this therapy.

I hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both tonight

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!