Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog just licked some invict gold roach gel, will she be

Customer Question
ok?...
My dog just licked some invict gold roach gel, will she be ok?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/19/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

This product's primary active ingredient is 2% imidacloprid which can result in drowsiness, dizziness, vomiting, disorientation, and fever with ingestion of more than an incidental amount.

Luckily the concentration of this product and the amount ingested should not cause any issues but if seen it would be gi upset such as vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy for 24 hours and she should return to normal.

In their MSDS of the product LD50 (lethal dose) Oral – Rat – > 5000 mg/kg which is a significant amount ingested to cause serious injury and/ or death.

So for tonight you an use a few precautions including:
- Pepcid (famotidine) 0.25 mg per pound
- Bland diet of white rice and lean boiled meat

If any symptoms would be seen it would be the first 4-8 hours so if she is fine by morning you should be able to rest easily. Again this will not be a toxic amount but always best to be aware of the symptoms to monitor for

Please let me know if you have any additional questions tonight. I am online another 15 minutes to assist you both

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier and hope your dog did alright without any issues from the gold roach gel ingestion

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!

Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian