Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My 3 month Labradoodle that has some kind of oozing sore on

Customer Question

My 3 month Labradoodle that has some kind of oozing sore on belly. It could be on her nipple
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

So sorry your new adoption has this sore. Unfortunately a skin infection and sore are very common in young dogs because they don't have the immunity of an adult dog. CLICK HERE for more information on pyoderma in puppies

For now:
- Oatmeal-based dog shampoo on the area twice daily x 10 minutes before rinsing
- Keep dry, please minimize ointments which trap in moisture and can delay healing
- No licking! Licking introduces oral bacteria and irritates the area delaying healing as well. Either with a t-shirt or a cone/ e-collar if necessary to deter the behavior

If there is no change or progression over the weekend then it would be advised to have your veterinarian evaluate the area which may require oral antibiotics to resolve.

I hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both today! I am online another 30 minutes tonight

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier, how is Pebbles lesion looking?

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Pebbles. How is everything going?
Dr. Altman