Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My dog got into s food bag and seems bloated now
, hes

Customer Question

Customer: my dog got into his food bag and seems bloated now
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: hes very gaseous and has like the hiccups of some sort where his body his twitching every 5/10 seconds when laying down. his stomach feels hard around his abdoment abdomen*
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: thats fine
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello? Why am I paying for this service?
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry that it has taken so long to answer your question. Unfortunately, due to my location, I am unable to make a phone call but I will try to help.

This bloating can become like threatening because the gas producing bacteria can cause the stomach t twist n its axis and block off the stomach which is called Gastric Volvulus. The best treatment is Gas X, available over the counter at the human pharmacy, 2 tablets to try to decrease this gas production. It is also very important that you see your vet as soon as possible so they can decompress this bloating to help ease your guys discomfort.

This LINK will explain in more detail.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****