Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Mucinex ingestion 1200 mg poss 2 tabs Zicum Gluconicum 13

Customer Question
Mucinex ingestion 1200 mg poss...
Mucinex ingestion 1200 mg poss 2 tabs
Zicum Gluconicum 13 mg possible 8
I gave him 3 1/2 tbs h2o2 he is 34 lbs
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
12/18/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!So if your dog is 34 pounds (15.5 kg) and ingested 1200 mg that ingestion concentration would be 77 mg/kgLuckily guafenison has a pretty wide margin of safety. The side effects we may see are low body temperature, mild tremors, vomiting and incoordination. The treatment is supportive (meaning if you brought him in, they would simply monitor and treat any symptoms that arise for a day or so). The dose where these signs were seen is up to 49 of the 400mg tablets--so if only a few of the tablets were eaten, then it is likely you will see few, if any signs, and they should be mild
As for the zicum it could cause some stomach upset, but is not toxic. Zinc can be a potentially bad thing for dogs, but this is a zinc salt and it is poorly absorbed. I wouldn't too much, but monitor him for any vomiting or diarrhea. If you see these thing you may need to take him to a veterinrian to get something to settle his stomach.I hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both today!If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
Good evening, I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier. I wanted to see how your dog is doing since you asked your question?Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today! I am online another 30 minutes tonightIf you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian