Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My 10.5 yr female husky had an enema less than 12 hrs ago.

Customer Question
she has been licking herself...
my 10.5 yr female husky had an enema less than 12 hrs ago. she has been licking herself and we now know why----there is bloody discharge. should we be concerned?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/16/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. B., Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before.Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How much blood did you see? A spoonful, more or less?

Can you confirm it was from the rectum and not vagina?

Was she straining to pass stool prior to seeing this?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?

How is she otherwise? Lethargic, collapsed or normal behavior-wise?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian