Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My 7 pound dog licked the coteing off a 2 milagram

Customer Question

My 7 pound dog licked the coteing off a 2 milagram zoplicone, will it harm her?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

If she only licked the coating, then her risk of any issue is low. Tablet coatings are usually used to protect the active ingredient of a drug until it is in the stomach and usually do not contain any drug themselves. Therefore, we'd just want to rinse her mouth with cool water to remove any residue and monitor her for the next 24 hours. If we see any sedation or lethargy, then we can consider having her checked by her local vet but this is unlikely here.

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Please remember to rate my answer when you are satisfied as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. IF you have any lingering questions or concerns,please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I canto provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)