Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  12 years of experience with domestic and exotic dogs, PLEASE rate my service when satisfied.
17018043

My dog bit a hole in the bottle of Marvel Mystery Oil (gas

Customer Question

My dog bit a hole in the bottle of Marvel Mystery Oil (gas treatment for gasoline engines). I don't think he drank any, but I smelled it on his mouth. he is eating and drinking. What should I do ... he is about 50 pounds.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question, I'm Dr. Dan and I'll try to help you.

This product is not all that dangerous fortunately. What you can expect from a little mouth exposure is possibly a little mouth irritation resulting in drooling a little. If he did swallow any it usually causes significant vomiting and/or diarrhea whithin miutes to hours after ingestion. If he vomits more than three times then he needs to see the vet to stop the vomiting with an injection but this is unlikely to happen. If he stops eating for 24 hours then have the vet check him for a mouth chemical burn. However based on what you are telling me none of that is likely to happen and he'll be just fine. I hope this helps, if not please feel free to ask more questions. Dr. Dan

Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Copper. How is everything going?
Dr. Dan