Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Its regarding the health of my 14 year old dog, he has been

Customer Question

Customer: its regarding the health of my 14 year old dog, he has been vomitting after each meal for the past 20 days. the doctor has checked his stomach, intestines and oesophagus for obstruction, there is none. he is vomitting even after getting injected witth perinorm and rantac. we have tried diffrent foods, nothing is helping. his hinds are weak, so he is unable to get up without help and ends up sitting in his own vomit. we are not sure what to do next.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yesterday he did something very strange, he licked his own urine. he never does that....... his creatinine level was high a couple of months back and he was put on meds and that is fine now, there is no problem with that.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $19) to post your type of question to Dog Veterinary Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yeah sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your dog. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

How recently was his creatinine checked again, or any blood tests done?

When you say his stomach, oesophagus and intestines were checked, what tests were done: Xrays, blood tests, ultrasound?

If there is no obstruction, that is good. However, vomiting can be caused by dozens of conditions: internal organ disease (liver, kidney, pancreas, intestines), pancreatitis, adrenal gland dysfunction, tumor/cancer, inflammatory bowel disease.

If Perinorm and rantac are not helping, I would try Cerenia (maropitant) for the vomiting. If blood tests were done recently, it would help me to see the results.

If Xrays were done and were normal, I would next do an ultrasound. There are many things that you can't see on Xrays that you can pick up that way.

Let me know what other questions you have. Rebecca

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I hope you were able to see what I sent. Is there anything else I can help with, or answer?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?