Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

A friend of mine has a toy poodle puppy and s daughter threw

Customer Question

A friend of mine has a toy poodle puppy and his daughter threw her on the ground rather hard. The puppy is wobbly on it's legs and shows no interest in food or water and keeps letting out little whimpers. She will walk around briefly but lays down and just stares, won't close her eyes. It's like she is in a daze. I was wondering what could be wrong and what they should do to help the puppy.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She just urinated and it is red like there is blood. She is also becoming more wobbly and unsteady
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about this unfortunate situation, and wanted to help.

Based on what you have reported, I would be concerned that this little one may have some head trauma (causing a concussion or damage/bleeding in the brain) or even internal bleeding here. Both can cause wobbliness, depressed mental reactions and behavior, and give the signs you have noted. In this case, there is little that can be done at home, especially since this drop was hard enough to cause signs often seen with severe blunt force trauma. This pup really needs to be seen urgently. She needs a neurological examination and checked for any hint of internal bleeding. If that can be ruled out, injectable pain relief +/- anti-inflammatories to reduce brain swelling would be indicated to try and get this poor little pup comfortable and in a less precarious state.

In this situation, just in case they need their local ER vet, they can check @ http://www.vetlocator.com/ or www.veccs.org/index.php?option=com_hospitals&nationid=1&Itemid=193

Please take care,

Dr. B.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate my answer when you are satisfied as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. IF you have any lingering questions or concerns,please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I canto provide you with the service you seek. Thank you. :)