Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 18 years.
53976849

6 lb Yorkie mix licked some chocolate syrup. Amount hard to

Customer Question

6 lb Yorkie mix licked some chocolate syrup. Amount hard to tell was a spill on paper towels
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Do you have any idea how much was ingested, perhaps 1 tsp versus a few tbsp?

If your dog ingested this within the last hour and you suspect more than a teaspoon ingested then you can induce vomiting with 3% hydrogen peroxide 1 tsp per ten pounds (i.e. 3/4 tsp) then walk around to mix it in the stomach and agitate the lining. If no vomiting within 10-15 minutes it can be repeated once only in hopes of inducing vomiting.

If no vomiting or only a small amount then please feed a small meal of white rice and lean boiled meat tonight and the next few days to help settle her stomach and monitor for signs of vomiting, diarrhea, increased anxiety, muscle tremors, increased water intake and if seen (most likely the next 4-6 hours) please consider a veterinary er.

I hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

Good morning I wanted to check in on you and Sofee since you asked your question last night. Is she doing alright? Have any issues with the syrup? I would love an update when you are able

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!