Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My dog has had a dry cough, our vet has us giving m

Customer Question

my dog has had a dry cough for awhile, our vet has us giving him Benadryl. Today we got home and our guys' so congested he can lay down. is there something I can do over night until I can get him into his vet? He only gets something out once in awhile, but you can hear it in his breathing. It to the point everytime he tries to lay down he stands right back up.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to assist you. If your dog is so uncomfortable that he cannot lay down then that is an indication that you need to take him to the ER right now. There is not anything you can do at home for this and he needs a chest xray tonight as he could be in cardiac failure. This is too serious to wait until tomorrow. Please take him now. Please let me know if you have additional questions. Sincerely, ***** ***** If there was something you could do at home I would tell you.

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 year ago.

Since you are not present for my answer I am going to opt out and allow another expert to help you.Sincerely, DRB