Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

We live on the UWS of NYC. On an off days our ten week old

Customer Question

We live on the UWS of NYC.
On an off for two days our ten week old puppy has had mild diarrhea - what we called "pudding".
He is due to have his 2nd Parvo shot this Saturday and has had very limited interaction with other dogs (he has walked our block to pee / poo outside0
Friends recommended we give him some organic mashed pumpkin to neutralize his tummy.
Tonight he ate it mixed with some white rice.
He threw it up.
He is acting quite normal otherwise, energetic, etc.
I wonder if we need to take him to the emergency room or the vet or give him another day.
Maybe he ate something outside?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am currently not set up to make a live call. But, I am happy to answer your question on this thread. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Any blood in the stool?

2- Did he get into anything or eat something out of the ordinary?

3- How many hours since the last time he vomited?