Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you. I apologize the expert you requested is not available to chat with you.
I am so sorry Lollie is experiencing this. Anytime in this breed we have profuse watery diarrhea that becomes very bloody, this is an indication this has progressed to an emergency situation. It may be related to the ingestion of the unusual items and one could be trapped in his digestive tract. OR, she could be developing hemorrhagic gastroenteritis which is an emergency situation that causes severe dehydration and blood loss. Or, she could have profound pancreatitis which also can become painful and life-threatening.
The absolute best step for you to take with her is to have her seen on emergency right away. Until you do that I can give you a few hints on what to try at home, but please be aware this does not replace her need to be seen by a veterinarian on emergency. If she was my patient and you were unable to get her in right now, then I might recommend you try:
1) Hydrate her with an infant electrolyte solution such as Pedialyte.
2) Offer her a bland diet: Try white rice and boiled chicken breasts (chopped) in about 3 meals per day. You may use cottage cheese instead of chicken. But none of her regular food right now.
2) Give famotidine 10mg at 1/4 tablet every 12 hours for nausea/vomit. You should be able to find this medication at any pharmacy over-the-counter. It has no bad side effects and does a great job to settle stomach acid and reduce nausea.
3) Peptobismol liquid: Give 1 ml by mouth every 8 hours for diarrhea. This medication must be given 1 hour after any other medication as it will coat the system and can potentially prevent absorption of other medications.
4) Probiotic supplementation: Start a probiotic such as one made for dogs (Proviable or Fortiflora) or you may use culturelle as made for people (1 capsule daily). Or if you cannot get any of those products then give 1 tsp of plain yogurt once daily.
I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. I hope that the information I provided has been helpful.
Please let me know if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer.
My goal is to provide the best answer possible prior to you leaving a feedback rating.
If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.