Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Our Schipperke has had a cough like a honking bird. Has ben

Customer Question

Our Schipperke has had a cough like a honking bird. Has ben on medication for a month - ie Steroids and medication twice a day. She seemed to be improving- Hole between the Heart and lungs diagnosed. Medication . But now today- Panting/Coughing etc has returned. Seems like Her Breathing is Laboured. : she is 12 or so years old- she was six years old and was used mostly to breed when we got her. We've bred Schips and none have had this . Sorry for the long email- but she is an amazing pet!!!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet August today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Besides the prednisone do you know the names of the other medications that August is on? Did August every have x-rays of her chest done? How was the hole between the lungs and heart diagnosed with an ultrasound?