Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

My dog stands and just stares, occasionally coughing like

Customer Question
My dog stands for hours...
My dog stands for hours and just stares, occasionally coughing like something stuck in his throat.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/28/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

There are many things that can cause these odd symptoms but they all lead to a neurologic source. This could be liver disease which affects the neurologic system causing confusion. This could also be a brain lesion or tumor that is blocking some of the neurologic pathways causing sweet Yancey to be confused. DEmentia can do this also. The coughing could be related to these neurologic concerns.

If the coughing is primary, there may be a mass or tumor that is causing Yancey to eb uncomfortable so much that he stands and stares because he is afraid to move.

It is very important that Yancey be seen by your vet to determine the cause for this. I wish I could give you a home remedy for this but until testing is done, it is hard to know how to help your sweet Yancy.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian