Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Took my dog to vet yesterday normal temp no pain in any

Customer Question
parts or teeth or swollen...
Took my dog to vet yesterday normal temp no pain in any parts or teeth or swollen glands she was given antobiotocs for parasites lived on the street 4 years full of parastes but still screams in pain for no reason randomly...lots of noises in stomach vet thinks tons of parasites causes cramps and that causes random cries in pain help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/27/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that Abuela has mystery pains. Does she seem to pass excessive gas? Does she have any vomiting or diarrhea? What kind of food do you feed her? How long has she been living with you since she came off the streets?

A dewormer is a great way to start for a dog that was previously living on the streets. Intestinal parasites are very common in feral dogs. You should see improvement in just a day or two.

If that doesn't work, the next thing I would try would be a "sensitive stomach" type food. These are very easily digestible and can also reduce gas.

You may also consider x-rays of her hips and back as these also could be sources of her pain.

Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions.

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda

Kansas State University,

College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001

How is Abuela this morning? Any more problems with mystery pains? Have you tried any treatments with her? Do you have any more questions for me?

If you are satisfied with my assistance, please take a moment to use the stars at the top of the page to rate my answer so that I will be compensated for helping you today. For future questions, you can find me here: http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=88695179&FID=0

Best regards,

Dr. Amanda

Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian