Jess K
Jess K, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Licensed Veterinarian
89827615

Our dog suddenly is very warm, panting heavily and is having

Customer Question

our dog suddenly is very warm, panting heavily and is having a problem standing. He has Addison's disease and a small liver, renal issues and is 14 years old.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Jess. I am sorry to hear about your dog. If you did not get him into a vet last night, I would highly recommend getting him in ASAP. My concern given his history is that he could be going into an Addisonian crisis, which can be very dangerous. We can see dogs with weakness and collapse in these cases, which is sounds like your dog may be experiencing, so it would be best to play it safe and get him in for treatment (usually aggressive fluid therapy and sometimes treatment for increased potassium and decreased glucose).

Expert:  Jess K replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Jessica Keay