Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Can I use Trifexis Shetland Sheepdog

Customer Question
Can I use Trifexis for...
Can I use Trifexis for my Shetland Sheepdog
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/23/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Yes trifexis is safe for your Sheltie. The ingredient we tend to avoid in Shelties is ivermectin and even ivermectin based heartworm prevention has been tested on Shelties and Collies and are found to be safe in the dosages used in heartworm medication

Trifexis contains milbemycin and spinosad not ivermectin...

As with any new medication for Angus, please consult with your veterinarian about any risks but there are no causes for concern with the medication and his breed

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!

Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Altman, Veterinarian replied 1 year ago
I'm just following up on our conversation about Angus. How is everything going?
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian