Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I bought my dog bully max supplement he is a 5 month amstaff

Customer Question

I bought my dog bully max supplement he is a 5 month amstaff and he ate half the bottle while I was gone. What should I do? Will he be safe?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

What is the active ingredient? What milligrams?

How many were in the half bottle?

How long were you gone (so we can get a window of ingestion time)?

How much does Tucker weigh?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How are you doing! Thanks for the help! He ate about 45 tablets, I went to a movie a little ways from my house so he was there for about 3 hours. He weighs around 45lbs
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the photo,

Good news! With his weight, this won't be a major worry.

The Vitamin D would have been the only ingredient of concern. Still when we look at the dose per tablet and his weight, it is luckily still a low dose. Therefore, while this could cause stomach upset from his overindulgence, we'd expect no harm here. Therefore, we'd just want to monitor him and offer a light diet (ie rice with boiled chicken, scrambled egg, cottage cheese, white fish, etc) for the next few days to offset that potential for upset here.

All the best Tucker,

Dr. B.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about Tucker. How is everything going?
nekovet