Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

K, My dog has spots on s tail that look like they are under

Customer Question
Hi Dr. K, My dog...
Hi Dr. K, My dog has brown spots on his tail that look like they are under the skin, but raised. He has been biting his tail like crazy. I took him to the vet two weeks ago, they gave him different shots and a cone. He seemed to be getting better, but the itching bothers him so much. and these spots do not look normal.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/22/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that your dog's tail is so itchy. Dr. K is off-line right now, so I will be able to help you.

What were in the shots that your vet gave? If you can't remember, do you still have the invoice? Did the shots seem to help, even temporarily? Have you tried giving Benadryl? The dose is about 1-2mg per pound of body weight.

Can you send a picture of the brown spots? Just attach it to this conversation with the paperclip button at the top of your text box.

Please let me know the answers to these questions so that I can help you and your dog.

Dr. Amanda

Kansas State University,

College of Veterinary Medicine Class of 2001

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Amanda Mouradian-Dar
Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian