Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My dog has been ill today and saw the vet this morning and

Customer Question

Hi my dog has been ill today and saw the vet this morning and seems to be getting better but she last urinated - she wont go now and worried that if she doesnt go it will total 14 hrs over night
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Can you describe what was the problem with your dog?

2- How old is she?

3- Is she trying to urinate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She was sick approx 6 times last night and the last time was at 4am but there were some blood spots which is why I took her to the vet. Her stomach felt fine and no tempeature so the assumption was she has eaten something in the park which caused the vomiting and apparently when it gets to the stage of bile there can sometimes be blood spotting because of strain etc? She was given an anti nausa injection and another injection to settle her stomach. i have also given her one tablet from the vet which was described as a kind of antacid.She only ate a small amount this evening and has drank a bit of water but not her usual amount.Shes a 4 year old cocker spanielShes not trying to urinate - She has had 2 poos tonight which were loose stools
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

1- Is it fair to say that she has been drinking less since becoming sick?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she only started drinking more normally around 5pm tonight but all day today she didnt drink very much at all
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Friend, urine output is directly related to water intake. She is not urinating as usual because she has been drinking less. Once she resumes drinking and eating as usual she will be urinating as usual. This is no reason to be concern.

Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Dr. Peter