Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I have been a practicing veterinarian for over 30 years.
60411192

Exposure to naphtha product PB blaster the product was used

Customer Question

exposure to naphtha product PB blaster
the product was used in my boat
inhalation exposure
what harm may that have caused?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb.

I recently came online and see that your question about naphtha exposure for your dog hasn't been answered. I'm so sorry that you've had to wait for a response, but if you still need assistance, I'd like to help if I can.

I'm sorry that your dog was exposed to this product since it does have the potential to cause side effects. At least it wasn't ingested which potentially could have been worse.

This particular product can affect the central nervous system with potential side effects including balance issues, depression, lethargy. There could be local irritation to the eyes and respiratory tract depending on the amount of exposure.

If there was only a transient exposure to the product, I wouldn't expect any significant side effects at all.

I hope this helps although, again, my apologies for the delayed reply. Deb