How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Gene Your Own Question
Dr. Gene
Dr. Gene, Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 2680
Experience:  DVM degree from Ontario Veterinary College
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Gene is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog swallowed a pork none about 2-3 inches and he is now

Customer Question

my dog swallowed a pork none about 2-3 inches and he is now vomiting and moving slowly. should I take it to the vet?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gene replied 1 year ago.

Hi there..

Unfortunately, the bone is unlikely to pass (depending on size/shape, of course), when swallowed more or less whole. Since he's vomiting, I would not wait long to take him in - he'll need x-rays to determine where the bone is and whether it's causing a blockage. In most cases, bones get stuck and require surgery to remove... I would definitely take him in tonight; if the bone remains, it may cause a tear in the intestines, which would be a far worse problem.

Please let me know if you have other questions!