Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My cocker is coughing and throwing up foam and food. she

Customer Question

my cocker is coughing and throwing up foam and food.
she started coughing like a hair ball was in tghere and tthen farting and coughing all day. Now she is throwing up fo***** *****quid and her food. Breathing hard. She is old, probably 12 years and has breast cancer, no vets open tonight
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has she had these signs?

Can she keep any food and water down?

Are her gums pink or pale/white?
Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds +multiply that by 6)?