Dog Veterinary

Ask a Dog Vet and Get Answers to Your Dog Health Questions

Ask a Dog Veterinarian,

Dog Veterinary

Im afraid myyr old chihuahua has parvo. She has all the

Customer Question
Hello, Im afraid myyr old...
Hello, Im afraid myyr old chihuahua has parvo. She has all the symptoms I read on it. She is weeping and not moving. I've been giving her pedialyte she has diarrhea and has not eaten yesterday and today. Can I bring her in?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Dog Veterinary
11/15/2015
Dog Veterinarian: Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian replied 2 years ago
Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian

I am sorry to hear you are worried about your Chihuahua. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. This is a website that answers questions about your dog, and can help with information only.

I am sorry to see you did not get a reply from an expert on this website sooner. I just came online and saw your question.

How is she doing? Did you find a place to take her in?

These symptoms do sound like parvo. Has she been vaccinated? We usually only see parvo in puppies that are not vaccinated. Other things can also cause young dogs not to eat, and to have diarrhea. She sounds pretty sick and should be seen by a veterinarian as soon as possible.

Let me know how she is doing, and if I can answer any more of your questions. Rebecca

How is your Chihuahua doing?

Dr. John
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian