Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

My 2 JRT's got in a fight and the one dog is experiencing

Customer Question

My 2 JRT's got in a fight and the one dog is experiencing swelling of the eye. The white was red with blood yesterday but now is clear however the brown is beginning to look "foggy".
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

It's unclear to me what the "brown" refers to - the colored iris surrounding the black pupil? If so, it would appear indistinct if the fluid-filled anterior chamber of the eye (the area between the cornea and the iris) were filling with cells. This would indicate a uveitis - inflammation of the iris and its attachments and indicate having her eye examined promptly and potent antiinflammatory drugs administered both topically and systemically. Can you upload a close-up photo of her eye to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (if that icon is visible) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?